Oakland, California, 94605
Details and More
Program begins: week of Jan 8th 2024
Program ends: week of June 10th 2024
● Individual talk-therapy session once a week, via Zoom
● Group talk-therapy session twice a month, via Zoom
● One weekend of plant medicine ceremony every other month. Over six months, this will be a total of three weekend ceremonies. Ceremonies will be held on Friday and Saturday nights, and for those who would like to do three nights, there will be an optional Thursday night. Ceremonies will be held at a location to be determined in northern California.
Tentative dates for the 2024 ceremonies:
February 23rd & 24th, with the option to join on the 22nd
April 5th & 6th, with the option to join on the 4th
May 24th & 25th, with the option to join on the 23rd
Rural Location in Northern California- TBD
Participants should expect
● A consistent container for individual therapy, self-reflection, and personal growth.
● A safe and intimate community of peers in which to share one's process with others, give and receive support, and create a collective healing environment.
● Opportunity to cultivate a relationship with plant medicine in a ceremonial setting based in one's own therapeutic process.
● Experiential awareness of personal and collective healing through plant medicine, and the variety of altered states that it can produce.
● Participants should understand the importance of their own individual effort as a vital and necessary part in order to enact the changes they desire to see in their life. The outcomes achieved from this program are dependent upon one's own committed effort.
Inclusivity & Positionality Statement
As the facilitator of this program I acknowledge my privilege as a cis-gendered male, with higher education and access to basic vital resources. It is from this position that I am able to provide this service to you. I also acknowledge my intersectionality as a mixed raced person of Caribbean descent, who was born and raised in the United States, currently practicing a form of spiritual tradition indigenous to the Amazon. In acknowledging my own positionality, I wish to create a safe space for persons of all racial, cultural, ethnic, and socio-economic backgrounds to meaningfully connect, experience healing, and open themselves to the deep and unique processes facilitated through plant medicines.
This group is open to male-identified individuals. In modern western culture, there are few spaces for men to experience emotional connection and vulnerability with each other. Therefore, men in our culture often lack relationships with depth and meaning. This group in part seeks to address this. I believe that certain layers of our experience can unfold more fully in a male-identified container that is held with the intention of healing.
The spread of ceremonial plant medicine practices here in the US, as well as the history of the development of the field of psychotherapy, have both been fraught with misogyny and violent abuse of power by male authority figures. I commit to not being a part of this trend by creating relationships of trust and accountability in both my personal and professional life, and inviting feedback anytime my behavior has unintentionally caused harm to someone in my life.
- Dairy Free
- Ayahuasca Dieta
- Men's Ayahuasca
- Mental Health
- Social Change